By CTA - Christ to All
What You’ll Need
- Paper towel tubes (one for each child)
- Glue sticks or glue dots
- Waxed paper (cut into squares that will fit over one end of the cardboard tube)
- Rubber bands
- Colored pencils
- Copies of the Bible verse, Luke 1:37, one per child, printed on a small piece of paper or cardstock
What You’ll Do
- Give each child a copy of the Bible verse (Luke 1:37).
- Distribute colored pencils and encourage students to decorate the paper.
- Show students how to glue the Bible verse to a cardboard tube.
- Place wax paper over one end of the tube and secure it with a rubber band.
- Demonstrate how to sound the “horns”: Place your mouth on the end opposite the wax paper.
- Speak into the horn, making a “dah-dah-dah” sound.
What You’ll Say
As the children work, remind them that The Bible tells about many warriors of faith. Jesus is the leader of all these warriors of faith. He wins every battle for his people. We have no strength of our own. But in Jesus, we are forgiven and we are strong!
Joshua was one of God’s warriors of faith. God gave Joshua a plan that seemed impossible. But God’s plan worked!
God always wants what is best for us. He loves us! When we follow God’s plan by obeying him, we honor him. When we fail to follow God’s plan, we may get hurt. Our parents or teachers may give us consequences that make us unhappy.
Does God stop loving us when we disobey? He does not! Our heavenly Father always, always, always loves us. He forgives our sins, for Jesus’ sake. And he gives us faith to believe his plans are best for us warriors of faith!
Encourage all the children to play the horns they have made in unison using tunes from familiar Bible songs. You may want to include “Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho” if the children learned it as they arrived.
If time allows, read the Bible verse attached to the horns together several times. Then ask the students to hold their horns behind their backs and recite the verse from memory as a group and, perhaps, individually.
Editor’s note: Today’s craft is an adapted activity from the Warriors of Faith Digital Event Guide.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2020 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.
Editor’s note: The Bible tells about many warriors of faith. Jesus is the leader of all these warriors of faith. He wins every battle for his people. We have no strength of our own. But in Jesus, we are forgiven and we are strong!
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *