A discussion with the author of the In His Steps Devotional Prayer Journal about the suite of materials for Easter preparation.
Author Talk – A. Trevor Sutton on In His Steps
Guests: A. Trevor Sutton, author of CTA’s In His Steps Devotional Prayer Journal—for Easter preparation. Trevor is a pastor and writer living in Lansing, MI, where his diverse congregation spans two campuses—one that’s urban and one in the suburbs—and speakers of an interesting variety of languages. Trevor has written many devotion books for us at Christ to All, and this new suite of materials for Easter preparation is some of his latest work.
Introduction: A discussion about the In His Steps Devotional Prayer Journal and the suite of materials to engage those in your ministry in the weeks leading up to Easter.
- The Christian Church has been “doing Lent”—the six weeks leading up to Easter—for a very long time!
- Seasons of transformation, anticipation, and renewal are important and have been present throughout the Church’s history.
- CTA’s In His Steps materials are a great tool to introduce or reinforce a Lenten practice in your church
- Prayer journal: a guided journey—for individuals or groups—to walk in the footsteps of Jesus
- Not a typical, generic journal
- Scripture readings
- Devotional reflections
- Last week of the journal: the last words of Jesus
In His Steps suite of materials—a ready-made Lenten experience
- More than just a stand-alone journal!
- 6 sermons—reinforce the message from the journal each week
- Discussion questions
- Promotional videos
- Bumper videos
- Holy Week Experience—a ready-made worshipful experience for your congregation
- Booklet guide
- Stations/Areas to visit—each with an action, a thought, and a prayer
- Meditative, self-guided
- Reinforces what the congregation has been learning but can be less intimidating to engage others who haven’t been involved, as an evangelism option
- Takes ancient practices and makes it accessible and applicable to today