Learn how to give generously, save wisely, and live appropriately.
To download this summary, click here.
Introduction: Talking about money usually brings about a lot of negativity. But, by putting three priorities into place, churchworkers can discover God’s design for our finances.
- God’s design for money is not what we see in worldly culture today.
- God wants us to leverage our resources for the sake of advancing his Kingdom.
- You are not responsible for what you do not have, only what you do
- The goal of financial health is to be able to live and give generously.
- Three priorities from the Bible:
- Give generously (proportionately, sacrificially, and cheerfully).
- Save wisely.
- Live appropriately.
- God leads us in this. God gave us his own Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
- How do you give generously on a churchworker salary?
- Keep giving as a priority, no matter your income.
- Give proportionately to your income.
- Trust God in your giving.
- How do you build savings on a churchworker salary?
- Save in times of abundance.
- Save 3–6 months of living expenses so that you’ll be protected in unexpected circumstances.
- From God and Money: “How much money do I need to keep?”
- Worldly culture says: the more we earn, the more we spend.
- The Christian life looks different—leaving margin for giving to others and giving to God.
- What is your biggest budget stressor right now?
- Make giving goals: list three programs to which you’d like to contribute financially.