By CTA – Christ to All
Say the Pumpkin Prayer and then whip up this batch of yummy pumpkin muffins. Talk about the different parts of the prayer as you enjoy your sweet treat.
The Pumpkin Prayer
As I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer:
Open my MIND so I can learn about you.
Take away my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.
Open my EYES so your love I will see;
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned up my NOSE at what you’ve given to me.
Open my EARS so your Word I will hear;
Open my MOUTH to tell others you’re near.
Let your light shine in all I say and do. Amen.
What You’ll Need
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin (12 muffin cups) with paper liners (or grease a nonstick muffin tin with butter).
- In a bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another large bowl, add the eggs and whisk them with a fork. Add the pumpkin puree, canola oil, milk and vanilla. Stir with a spoon to combine until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir with a spoon to combine until the batter is smooth.
- Using the spoon, put the mixture into a muffin tin (it should fill 12 muffin cups to make 12 large muffins).
- Put the pumpkin muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Note: This recipe makes 12 regular-size muffins or about 40 mini muffins.
Editor’s note: Today’s content is slightly adapted from CTA’s ever-popular line of products for the The Pumpkin Prayer theme.