The holidays are upon us! You know very well that your church is about to be a lot busier. The kids’ Christmas program, the youth group’s bake sale, the men’s ministry coat drive, the women’s Christmas tea—wow!
Keep in mind who is coming to all of these events and activities. Yes, you’ll expect to see your faithful attendees, but ‘tis the season to watch for guest and visitors. Make these people feel extra special with a Christmas gift from your church. This will help them remember your ministry in the months to come. And, it will serve as a tangible reminder of the love God showed at Christmas, sending our Savior to be born in Bethlehem.
CTA offers a variety of beautiful, value-priced gifts for your Christmas visitors. Order now and you can have all of your gifts ready before Thanksgiving!
- Put up a “visitors’ tree” and decorate it with ornaments from CTA. Beside the tree, put a small table with paper ornaments (like this or this; print on cardstock and attach a ribbon for hanging). Ask visitors to write down their name and hang their ornament on the tree. After they do that, invite them to pick an ornament from the tree to take home.
- For guests who visit near Thanksgiving, hand out the Savoring the Gift of Grace devotion book. The book includes three-minute reflections for every day of December leading up to Christmas.
- Pre-pack the Peace on Earth gift bag with a few gifts so they’ll be ready to grab at a moment’s notice. Be sure to include the calendar magnet and coffee mug.
- For the littlest visitors, pack a Christmas-themed busy bag. An activity book, magnet puzzle, and cup are great gifts that keep the Christmas spirit alive throughout the year!
- Stock your visitor center with branded ornaments. Invite guests to stop by after worship and give them an ornament, along with your usual welcome items.
How are you welcoming guests this holiday season?
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2019 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.