Door prizes are a staple in many women’s ministry programs. Explore some fun ideas and tips for using them at your next event.
To download this summary, click here.
Guest: Cyndee Ownbey, author of Rethinking Women’s Ministry: Biblical, Practical Tools for Cultivating a Flourishing Community. Cyndee serves as a mentor to thousands of women’s ministry leaders through her website and Facebook community, Women’s Ministry Toolbox.
Introduction: Door prizes are a staple in many women’s ministry programs. Explore some fun ideas and tips for using them at your next event.
- Why use door prizes?
- Reward game winners
- Encourage attendance
- Reinforce certain behaviors
- Encourage spiritual growth and point women to Christ
- Reinforce biblical truths
- Give as a reminder of your event
- Encourage growth beyond your event
- Tips for choosing door prizes
- Review (for content and doctrine) any materials to be distributed
- Same general price range for all
- Avoid distractions
- Decide on a reasonable budget
- Consider replenishing a stash of them all year long
- Purchase in bulk
- Ideas for giving away door prizes
- Drawing names for particular prizes
- Door prize basket
- Stickers on name tags, underneath chairs, inside programs
- Centerpieces and room décor can also serve as door prizes
- Use goodie bags for each person