Consider these two ways to evaluate the health of your church and help your church grow stronger.
To download this summary, click here.
Guests: Dr. Thom Rainer, founder and CEO of Church Answers and Executive Director of Revitalize Network. Dr. Rainer has served the Church as a pastor, a consultant, and an author and through his administrative roles at Southern Seminary and LifeWay Christian Resources. He regularly provides resources and encouragement for thousands of Christ Followers.
Introduction: Two ways to begin—to take the first steps—to revitalize your church, especially coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.
- Look beyond yourself, beyond the walls of your church. Get into the community.
- Watch for this big pitfall: don’t be fooled by what you think you know. Be sure your efforts are actually outwardly focused!
- Look at your metrics
- How many?
- Are they truly active in your church?
- Be a “Simple Church”
- Use your resources wisely; do a few things really well.
- Have the focus to do what God calls you to do—the main thing!
- Look at your calendar and at how you’re spending your energy.
- What comes after these two steps?
- Churches can begin to organize or structure their efforts with the biblical focus of the Great Commission.
- Leave the results up to God, but you’ll begin to see those results.
- Disciple those new members.