Don't skip Valentine's Day this year! It's more important than ever to connect with your women to give hope and encouragement.
To download this summary, click here.
Guests: Cyndee Ownbey, author of Rethinking Women’s Ministry: Biblical, Practical Tools for Cultivating a Flourishing Community. Cyndee serves as a mentor to thousands of women’s ministry leaders through her website and Facebook community, Women’s Ministry Toolbox.
Introduction: Don’t skip Valentine’s Day this year! Celebrate and connect with your women, all while giving hope and encouragement in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reach out to your women or involve your women in reaching out to others!
- Homebound members
- Care packages to college students
- Single moms
- School teachers
- “Mom Love” Valentine outreach event on a college campus
Too overwhelming? Try this:
- work with a team, other ministry teams, or church staff members
- recruit help congregation-wide
Event ideas for congregations not doing in-person events yet:
- Scripture reading challenge
- Zoom worship night
- Hosting a panel discussion of women of various ages regarding love and relationships
- Drive-through drop-off for donations—for women’s shelter, human trafficking ministry, homeless, etc.
Event ideas for congregations doing in-person events:
- Valentine banquet, include social distance and fewer people, etc.
- Gather to assemble items for outreach projects—for women’s shelter, human trafficking ministry, homeless, etc.
- Plan something—it doesn’t have to be elaborate
- Ask for help! Some people are just waiting to be asked.
- Keep the focus on connection and encouragement.