Our guest shares key understanding and resources for learning to coach.
To download this summary, click here.
Guest: David Smith, life development and spiritual growth coach; David also trains leaders in The Coach Approach
Introduction: Feel called to help someone be the best person they can be? Coaching may be for you. Listen to find out.
The heart of a coach . . .
- Believing in others
- Heart of encouragement
- Being considerate
- Showing kindness and patience
- Challenge others toward their potential
- Having the heart of Christ for others
Coaching expresses these qualities in a practical, empowering way.
Possibilities for coaching:
- Staff member
- Ministry teams
- Alternative to pastoral counseling
- Coach other leaders
- Building people within the church
How to get started in coaching:
- Quality training in the heart and skills of coaching is important
- Hire a well-trained coach so you can experience the receiving end of coaching
- Look for well-defined certification process and teaching of universal coaching principles
- Get properly trained and hone your skills
- Which of the possibilities for coaching above do I see in my church?
- What one step will I take today to start growing as a coach?
- David Smith’s site: com
- Bethel Coaching: com
- Leadership MetaFormation: meta-formation.com
- Western Seminary
- Coach 22
- Coach Approach Ministry
- Coaching for Christian Leaders: A Practical Guide by Linda Miller and Chad Hall