The conversation defines coaching and sets it apart from mentoring.
To download this summary, click here.
Guest: David Smith
Introduction: This segment introduces the concept of coaching and distinguishes it from mentoring.
- Mentoring in a church is related to discipling.
- Coaching: “pulling out of you what God has placed in you”
- Coaching relies on asking powerful questions to draw out from the other person.
- The coaching mindset:
- Believing people can solve their own problems
- Helping people learn at an experiential level
- Asking powerful questions to empower people
- In the church we should be developing leaders. That happens through empowerment. Coaching is about empowerment and therefore, very appropriate in the church.
- Whom are you serving as a mentor?
- Is there someone you could be serving as a coach?
- Would you benefit from working with a coach?
Professional Christian Coaching Today podcast (professionalchristiancoaching.com/podcast)