Men can make a difference in lives while working in their areas of interest.
To download this summary, click here.
Introduction: Explore ideas and practical details for encouraging the men in your ministry to engage in meaningful service to others.
- Service is vital and helps men to fulfill their calling.
- Ministry roles within the church
- Service in the community
- Getting started: two assessments help to match gifts with needs.
- Assess your men in your ministry for their skills
- Assess your community for greatest needs
- Prioritize your efforts, small and large.
- Keep the lists to match passions or availability with opportunities.
- Keep your mission central—the love of God—not just to “check it off” the list.
- Incorporate prayer; it’s a powerful act of service.
- Create a rhythm:
- Tap into drive to serve
- Celebrate and help to reengage participants
- How to keep track of all of it? Find those men who are passionate about organizing as their service!
- Build a “heart posture” within your men’s ministry. Other people are more important than you—giving of yourself is helping God’s Kingdom.
- What specific steps could you take today to put your assessments in motion?