Look at men's ministry with a new foundation.
To download this summary, click here.
Introduction: Men’s ministry programs have a tendency to grow stale and attract only a small subset of Christian men. Changing your approach to a men’s ministry platform may be just what you need to reinvigorate your ministry.
- A men’s ministry program is limiting. Scheduled activities often lose their appeal and the program can go on and on without purpose.
- Shift your thinking to look at it as a men’s ministry platform, a base from which various activities and projects arise.
- Platform approach opens up a lot of opportunities. It appeals to creativity and the diversity of men in church.
- In a platform approach, the door is open for all kinds of application, but everything remains under the main purpose and mission of men’s ministry.
- This allows leaders to try new things.
- Start by developing a clear picture of the values of your men’s ministry. For example, you may focus on growth, community, care, and service.
- Your leadership team won’t design programs, but they’ll be equipping leaders to design activities that touch all of the values.
- Start with what you already have in your men’s program. Don’t start from scratch!
- Talk about values you want to see in the expression of men’s ministry. Start with what you are already seeing in your men.
- As you develop the platform, let your vision trickle into the activities you are doing.
- Evaluation is essential! Evaluate your platform according to the values you choose for your group.
- What is the most successful activity or project in your men’s ministry program?
- How could you build on that success in order to shift to a platform focus?