Honor dads and grads this summer!
by Gail Marsh
Confirmation and Graduation
- Did you know that CTA has the perfect gift for students celebrating their first Communion, confirmation, or graduation? It’s true! Check out the Celebration wall cross. It features the wonderful message of encouragement from Colossians 2:6 (ESV): As you received Christ . . . so walk in him. Perfect, right?
- Insert coupons and gift certificates inside the balloon decorations at your graduation celebration. Coffee-shop coupons, gift certificates for home-goods stores, and gas cards are perfect. At the end of your event, invite each graduate to pop a balloon.
- Small enough to be handy but containing 64 inspiring pages, CTA’s Life! Flip Book will encourage grads to embrace the future with confidence. If you’re giving additional gifts to students, put everything in the coordinating Life! gift bag. Present the books and additional gifts at your grads’ celebration banquet.
- God’s Word is always the perfect gift! So if you’re wrapping up a Bible this summer, be sure to include one of CTA’s bookmarks. There’s a bookmark for every age and every interest. But before you wrap the Bible, place the bookmark on the page of your favorite Bible verse. Highlight the verse, too. This small gesture may inspire the recipient to continue relying on God’s Word throughout life.
Memorial Day (May 27)
- Pay a visit to your local veterans hall or VA hospital with a group from your church. Encourage your youth group or Sunday school classes to go and visit with the veterans. Be sure to thank the vets for their service and give each attendee one of CTA’s In God We Trust pen and bookmark sets.
- Mail CTA’s Real-Life Encouragement for the Military Community devotion book to church members currently serving in the military. This devotion book will encourage military workers and their families by pointing them to Jesus and the true peace found in him alone. A FREE envelope is included for your convenience.
Father’s Day (June 16)
- It’s not always easy for men to live out their Christian faith in today’s world. Encourage the men in your church with one of CTA’s Isaiah 40:31 cell phone wallets. It adheres securely to the back of most cell phones and includes a reminder for men to live strong in Christ.
- Choose one of the devotions from CTA’s Against the Grain: Living Christ’s Calling devotion book and create an all-men’s Bible study on Father’s Day. Afterwards, give each guy one of the devotion books to keep and use during his private devotional time. For a deeper study on this topic, check out CTA’s Against the Grain: Living Christ’s Calling event outline.
- Encourage men to be faith leaders for their families and the families they know. Shining the light of Jesus through kindness and love will help draw family members closer to Jesus. As a reminder, give one of CTA’s The Lord Is My Rock flashlights to each man at church on Father’s Day. You can personalize these flashlights with your church’s name, a special message, or other words of celebration!
- Surprise men this Father’s Day! During your fellowship time, serve the men’s coffee in one of CTA’s ceramic mugs. Let men keep the mug as a gift of encouragement from your church. Many of these mugs can be ordered in bulk, and by ordering 36 mugs, you get 36 of the coordinating devotion books FREE!
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2019 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.