By CTA – Christ to All
Editor’s note: Today’s entry is slightly adapted from the Summary Sheet, a resource that highlights the key points in the Focus on Leadership conversation: Rest for Women’s Ministry Leaders. To listen to the whole conversation FREE during the month of January 2022, click here. To have access to this and all the Focus on Leadership conversations all year long, check out CTA Advantage at ctainc.com.
Guests: Cyndee Ownbey, author of Rethinking Women’s Ministry: Biblical, Practical Tools for Cultivating a Flourishing Community. Cyndee serves as a mentor to thousands of women’s ministry leaders through her website and Facebook community, Women’s Ministry Toolbox.
Introduction: Weariness and fatigue can steal your joy in ministry. Find ways to bring back that joy and reduce stress.
Explore ways to bring back your joy:
- Be in God’s Word.
- Find what works for you: journaling, praying, reading
- READ plan: Record, Explore, Apply, Do
- Get outside, if possible, even if just for a few moments.
- Open up to others; ask for help and for prayer.
- Set boundaries
- make time to do other necessary things
- serve others
- Watch for little encouragements, little joys, progress.
- A note of encouragement: Romans 15:13
- Women’s Ministry Toolbox (search for READ)