By Susan L. Fink
Heavenly Father, . . .
- Exodus 34:6: Thank you for being slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness.
- 1 John 3:19–20: I praise you whenever my heart condemns me, I can set my mind at rest in your presence.
- Psalm 50:15: Fill my heart with the assurance that you desire to hear my prayer. Thank you for the invitation to call on you in the day of trouble.
- Psalm 136: Thank you for your permanence, your faithfulness and forever love.
Savior Jesus, . . .
- Philippians 2:6–11 Thank you for humbling yourself to the point of death on a cross because of your love for me.
- Matthew 28:18–20 Thank you for your promise to be with me till the end, even as I share the good news of salvation in you with the people around me.
- Ephesians 3:14–21: Make your home in my heart that I may always know your immeasurable love.
- Romans 5:8–11: Please accept my gratitude for saving me even while I was still your enemy. Most of all thank you for eternal forgiveness through your perfect life and death in my place. This is why I can rejoice!
Holy Spirit, . . .
- Romans 15:13 and 2 Corinthians 4:6: Thank you for your indwelling power that gives us overflowing hope, joy, and peace so that Christ’s light shines in our hearts, making us his ambassadors.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4–7: Thank you that you have given each member of the Body of Christ, the Church, various gifts to work together for the common good, so that we may serve others, faithfully helping each other.
- John 14:26: Work in my heart and mind to help me grow in understanding and faith.
Lord God—Father, Son, and Spirit—fill me with your peace and joy. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Susan L. Fink is a proud mom of three amazing children and wife to Bob since 1978. She resides in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Author of the Amazon e-book, Developing a Devoted Family—Reasons and Resources for Home Worship, Sue also writes a blog titled Reflection, Inspiration and Humor. “My prayer-fueled goal is that Jesus would use my writing to encourage others in his love and promises.”
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2020 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.