By Cherie Werner
Summer is almost over, but there’s still time to have some fun and share God’s love! With a little extra time, your church can plan one last summer event for your members and the community. Go out with a bang . . .
By hosting a . . .
- Swimming or beach party
- Movie night
- Sunday picnic
- Concert on the church lawn
- Family carnival
- Back-to-school party
- Summer sleepover
- Father-son campout or fishing day
- Mother-daughter tea or brunch
- Family baseball game (play yourselves or attend a professional game)
- Campfire with BBQ, yard games, guitars, and friends
By serving your community with . . .
- A “Mom’s Morning Out” event
- A free car wash
- Care packages for homeless or hurting people
- Yard work for elderly neighbors
- Nursing home visits
- Thank-you notes and treats for police officers, firefighters, and emergency workers
Every time you have a gathering, be intentional about sharing the Gospel. No matter the event, always include a Jesus-centered devotion, a song or two, and a prayer. At the end, tell attendees about your church, including worship times, additional activities, and the pastor’s contact information.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2018 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *