By CTA – Christ to All
Meet a world that is hurting with the soothing balm of God’s love. Invite your congregation and community to pause in their daily life and join you during Holy Week for a seven-station, self-guided time to soak up Jesus' love and complete forgiveness.
The Torn theme explores the meaning of the torn temple curtain at the time of Jesus’ death. It revels in God’s grace drawing us close to him and removing all barriers. It brings people hope and security at a time when they need it most.
The In His Steps theme guides readers on a journey of Easter preparation, culminating with the discovery of the empty tomb—our guarantee of eternal life! It is undeniable evidence that God has kept his promise of salvation to us. As Romans 6:4 explains: “Just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life” (ESV). Since Jesus lives, we walk boldly in the truth that we will live as well.
Host a virtual or an in-person Holy Week Experience one evening during the week leading up to Easter or even during the day on Good Friday.
The Torn Holy Week Experience and the In His Steps Holy Week Experience are downloadable resources that guide you through planning and carrying out a simple but effective event. The files include a checklist for making sure you’re set up (whether you meet virtually, hold the experience in person, or offer both options).
You’ll also find a QR sign you can print up for those who want to read the sessions on their device and a printable booklet to print up if you’re handing out paper copies.
Here are a few simple steps to planning your event:
- Choose your date and secure space if you’ll be meeting in person.
- Download two types of packs (for whichever theme you choose) at ctainc.com: the Resource Pack and the Holy Week Experience Resource Pack and review the materials.
- Use publicity materials from the Resource Pack (these are customizable marketing items) to publicize your Holy Week Experience. Help community members understand they are free to walk through at their own pace.
- Read the “Instructions” document from the Holy Week Experience Resource Pack and make sure you have everything you need for each station (the requirements are simple but help make the experience more effective).
- Read through the booklet for the Holy Week Experience itself so that you’re familiar with what participants will be reading and doing.
- Enlist any volunteers you’ll need to help with crowd management or technology or to be available as prayer partners as participants are leaving.
- Put into place a system of “multiplication invitation,” where you and other staff members personally invite at least five people and ask each of them to personally invite at least two, and when they do, ask those people to bring along at least one other person.
- Pray God’s blessing on your Holy Week Experience time, and pray that he is preparing the hearts of the people who will participate so that they may be drawn closer to Jesus.
- Consider adding a prayer-partner station at the end of the experience in order for people to pray together in groups of two or three.
- As guests are leaving, invite them to return on Easter Sunday and celebrate Jesus’ resurrection with you.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2023 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.