Fresh Ways to Say Thank You Pastor
Fresh Ways to Say "Thank You, Pastor!"
by Tim Wesemann
Shepherding God's people has never been more challenging. Shepherding God's people has never been more satisfying.
Pastors, those of us who serve here at CTA truly appreciate you and the key role you play in Christ's church. And whether you feel challenged or abundantly blessed or both right now, we pray that the Holy Spirit will encourage your heart as you serve:
May the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in [you and all your people] that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:20–21)
Laity, thank you for expressing your love and thankfulness to your pastors all year long. Your unity in the faith of our Lord Jesus and your commitment to partner with your pastor in the Gospel pleases God and honors Christ (Philippians 1:3–11).
(Pssst . . . just between us, why not consider slipping the tribute that appears below into your monthly newsletter or weekly bulletin without your pastor knowing about it ahead of time? It's just one more way you can thank God for your pastor(s) and thank your pastor(s) for serving so faithfully.)
May Jesus fill the hearts of all who lead, serve, and follow in his church with unity, love, and commitment to one another!
Thanks, Pastor __(name/s)______ for all you do for us!
Pastor, we especially appreciate that you . . .
• give your time and energy even when there is little time and even less energy;
• visit the sick and never get sick of offering them hope;
• plan creative sermons designed to do nothing less than create amazing results in our lives in the creative power of the Holy Spirit;
• comfort the grieving while grieving with them, but not like those who have no comfort or hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13);
• encourage the discouraged;
• support all of us with extra smiles and by going the extra mile;
• don't throw in the towel, but rather pick it up and begin cleaning;
• help us see opportunities to wash others' feet as opportunities for Christlike feats;
• remain faithful to God's Word even when the world refrains from faithfulness;
• take on roles behind the scenes so that everything in front of the scenes rolls smoothly;
• pray for us, especially when Satan preys on us; and
• spend time with your family so you can better minister to your church family.
THANK YOU, PASTOR! We know that one day you will receive the ovation of heaven. But we wanted you to hear our appreciation here on earth today!
Scripture quotation is from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use in your organization as long as you will receive no monetary benefit from it. Please include this copyright line and submit an actual copy of use to CTA, attention Editorial Manager.
Used with permission grant #090409. Copyright © 2005 Tim Wesemann. Used by permission of Tim Wesemann