FunFest Main Article
Our family recently took a trip to South Africa to visit our son and daughter-by-love who are serving as missionaries there. With that experience fresh on my mind, I enjoyed this list created by a group of missionary families. I hope it makes you smile, too, as you share the Good News of Jesus wherever you live, work, and play.
You Know Your Parents Are Missionaries When . . .
- You have a passport but not a driver’s license.
- You watch travel shows on TV and recognize someone you know.
- You can speak three languages but can’t write any of them.
- You’re not always sure what you’re eating and you don’t want to ask.
- You’re not sure how to answer the question “Where are you from?”
- You say your prayers in another language.
- You actually know what the term furlough means.
- You ration your favorite snack because you know you won’t get it again until Christmas.
- You have an abnormal appreciation for your postal carrier.
- You don’t like American chain coffeehouses because you know what real coffee tastes like.
- You think living in the same house for more than a year is strange.
- The fruit in your lunchbox came from your backyard.
- All music and preaching sounds better to you under a tin roof.
You are welcome to copy this article for one-time use when you include this credit line and receive no monetary benefit from it: © 2017 CTA, Inc. Used with permission.